Our ethical stance
- All our products are vegan*, which already goes a significant way to having a relatively low overall eco- and carbon-footprint. Shambhu’s is registered with the Vegan Society.
- We use organic and fairtrade ingredients as far as possible.
Click here for a list of organic and fairtrade ingredients that we currently use.
- We package our food in containers/bowls made of sustainably-sourced plant fibre and therefore compostable, and we offer to take back plastic container-lids for recycling. For buffets, food might arrive in large foil containers which are recyclable.
- On request, we provide strong cutlery made of vegetable starch which we offer to take back for reuse when possible; otherwise it is compostable.
- On request, we provide sturdy plates made of sustainably-sourced plant fibre and therefore compostable.
- On occasions when we are serving hot drinks, we provide compostable disposable cups if non-disposable cups/mugs are not supplied on site.
- We generally carry out our deliveries in a low-emissions petrol-electric hybrid vehicle.
- We carry out our festival catering operations such that we minimise food wastage. Often, we end up wasting no food.
(* Note for allergy sufferers: Although all our items are vegan and some do not have nuts or gluten-containing ingredients, some of the ingredients used for certain items may have been produced in environments handling dairy, nuts, etc. If you have a particular food allergy, please contact us for more information.)